Civic 5 door
Civic 4 door
Civic Type R
Honda e Prototype
My configured cars
Honda Financial Service Privacy Notice
Honda Finance Europe PLC t/a Honda Financial Services (“We”) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. This privacy notice tells you how Honda Financial Services (‘we’, ‘us’) processes your data during the process of applying for finance and throughout your finance agreement. This privacy notice also describes your personal data protection rights. More information about your rights and how to exercise them is set out in the ‘Your Choices and Rights’ section.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 2018 (“the Act”) incorporating the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR), the Data Controller is Honda Financial Services, a subsidiary of Honda Motor Europe, located at: Cain Road, Bracknell, RG12 1HL.
We process the following types of personal data both during the application process and throughout the administration of your agreement:
- Contact information: such as your name, address, length of time at address (to validate application details) phone, email, and other similar information.
- Other types of personal information; such as your marital and employment status, length of time with employer (to validate application details) and nature of tenure (homeowner, tenant etc)
- Financial information: such as your bank account name and number, sort code, years with bank and number of credit cards held (to validate application details)
- Details of the vehicle being financed; including the make, model, VIN and registration number, description and any additional information such as extras and accessories.
- Any other information required to process your application; from time to time, in order to validate your identity, we may request additional copies of documentation such as bank statements, passports copies and other official documents as described on the Home Office Identity Verification list. We may also require additional evidence to validate signatures in some exceptional circumstances.
From time to time during the administration of your account and so as to provide an appropriate service tailored to your circumstances, we may collect sensitive personal data such as health and other special category data where disclosed to us.
Why We Collect, Use and Store this Personal Data
We collect, use and store your personal data for the reasons set out below:
- To process your application for finance, which includes a process of automated decision making in some cases
- To apply payments to your agreement and to perform the contract between us and you our customer
- To manage the quality of our service including where responding to complaints
- To analyse the performance of our products to ensure we continue to offer a competitive and customer-focussed service
- Where necessary, to comply with a legal obligation including the detection and prevention of financial crime and identity fraud
- Where necessary to protect Honda’s legitimate interests and legal rights, and where our interests are not overridden by your data protection rights
- To pursue outstanding payments and recover assets
- To carry out analysis of our products and customers’ preferences through production of management information.
- To undertake profiling of consumer behaviour and customer outcomes using data which is anonymised for this purpose. You have the right to object to this. Please see Your Choices and Rights for more information.
- Where you have consented to this we may also use your data, or permit Honda affiliated third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about additional products and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. The company we use to provide this service to us is Chrysalis Solmotive.
- Honda will never sell customer data to third parties.
The information we collect is appropriate for the purposes described and not excessive. Your personal data is held on secure servers to minimise the risk of the data being lost or stolen.
Your Choices and Rights
You have the right at any time to withdraw your consent to contact you for marketing purposes or for us to give your details to others for this purpose.
You have the right to request that we erase any data we hold about you where we do not have a legitimate basis for holding it.
You have the right to request sight of all of the information we hold about you by way of a Subject Access Request.
In order to exercise any of these rights please notify us in writing to the Customer Services Department at Honda Financial Services, Cain Road, Bracknell, RG12 1HL or by telephoning the same department on 0345 128 8908 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
How we share your personal data
(a) Transfers within the Honda Group of Companies
We share your personal data with members of the Honda Group as set out below:
(i) Honda Motor Europe PLC (HFE): HME is the European subsidiary of Honda Motor Group and is responsible for the distribution of vehicles and other Honda products throughout the UK dealer network.
(b) Transfers to Honda authorised dealers
We may from time to time share your personal data with Honda authorised dealers in the UK for the purposes of managing your finance agreement.
A full list of Honda dealers may be accessed below:
You can also search for your nearest Honda dealer using the following web links:
(c) Transfers to companies providing services under contract
From time to time during the administration of accounts in arrears or in order to recover and remarket assets related to agreements in breach, data may be transferred to a joint Data Controller to perform services to deliver the contract.
Where you have consented to this we may also use your data, or permit Honda affiliated third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about additional products and services which may be of interest to you, and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. The company we use to provide this service to us is Chrysalis Solmotive.
Sharing your information with Credit Reference Agencies
In order to process your application, we will perform credit and identity checks on you with one or more credit reference agencies (“CRAs”).
To do this, we will supply your personal information to CRAs and they will give us information about you. This will include information from your credit application and about your financial situation and financial history. CRAs will supply to us both public (including the electoral register) and shared credit, financial situation and financial history information and fraud prevention information.
We will use this information to:
- Assess your creditworthiness and whether you can afford to take the product;
- Verify the accuracy of the data you have provided to us;
- Prevent criminal activity, fraud and money laundering;
- Manage your account(s);
- Trace and recover debts; and
- Ensure any offers provided to you are appropriate to your circumstances.
We will continue to exchange information about you with CRAs while you have a relationship with us. We will also inform the CRAs about your settled accounts. If you borrow and do not repay in full and on time, CRAs will record the outstanding debt. This information may be supplied to other organisations by CRAs.
When CRAs receive a search from us they will place a search footprint on your credit file that may be seen by other lenders.
If you tell us that you have a spouse or financial associate, we will link your records together, so you should make sure you discuss this with them, and share with them this information, before lodging the application. CRAs will also link your records together and these links will remain on your and their files until such time as you or your partner successfully files for a disassociation with the CRAs to break that link.
The identities of the CRAs, their role also as fraud prevention agencies, the data they hold, the ways in which they use and share personal information, data retention periods and your data protection rights with the CRAs are explained in more detail at www.experian.co.uk/crain
The Credit Reference Agency Information Notice (CRAIN) is also accessible from each of the three CRAs – clicking on any of the following links will also take you to the same CRAIN document: Callcredit www.callcredit.co.uk/crain; Equifax www.equifax.co.uk/crain.
Sharing your information with Fraud Prevention Agencies
The personal information we have collected from you will be shared with fraud prevention agencies who will use it to prevent fraud, money laundering and to verify your identity. If fraud is detected, you could be refused certain services, finance or employment. Further details of how your information will be used by us and these fraud prevention agencies and your data protection rights, can be obtained by writing to us at Customer Services Honda Finance Europe Plc Cain Road Bracknell Berks RG12 1HL or telephoning us on either of the numbers listed below.
Please call us on freephone 0800 779 070 or textphone 0800 328 4879 if you want details of those credit reference and fraud prevention agencies from which we obtain, and to which we pass, information about you. You have a legal right to these details.
For the purposes of training, quality assurance and assisting our customers in the events of complaints or claims, we record our telephone calls.
Transfers outside the EEA
Further to the above purposes, we may transfer your personal data to organisations outside of the EEA. When doing do, we may use standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission. For further information, including to obtain a copy of the documents used to protect your information, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.
We will retain your personal data only for as long as we need it for Honda Financial Services’ legitimate interest in accordance with applicable law, to perform a service at your request or the contract which you hold with us, or to meet a legal requirement. At the end of the retention period, we will take steps to delete your personal data or hold it in a form that no longer identifies you.
Fake emails using Honda’s name
Honda Financial Services is aware of fake emails, popularly called “phishing” emails, which can contain notices such as job advertisements, job offers and competition award notifications, which use Honda’s name to pretend they are genuine. These exist solely for the purpose of obtaining private information about consumers (e.g. credit card numbers or passwords). These emails have no connection with Honda and Honda does not use these methods for job advertising or for communicating with competition winners
Unfortunately these fake emails are a growing fraud on the internet. This practice is carried out either by the sending of a bogus email directly to a victim, or by directing them to a website where personal information is requested.
Fake job offers tend to target overseas individuals, as they ask for money to be sent to them for UK visa purposes. Honda never requests payments details in association with any job applications or any communication related to them. If in any doubt about the validity of a recruitment offer, please contact: Human Resources, Honda (UK), Cain Road, Bracknell, RG12 1HL.
Recent email award notifications have purported to be from Honda. Honda never requests payment details in association with competition winners or any communication related to them. Honda advises that if you receive an email using Honda’s name that asks for personal information or financial information and you have concerns about its authenticity, then please treat such emails with extreme caution.
Correcting, updating and accessing your personal information
If your personal information changes (such as your address, contact details and/or or bank details.), or if we have inaccurate information, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove your personal information in our database. To notify us of an inaccuracy, you can advise us by writing to us at the Customer Services Department at Honda Financial Services, Cain Road, Bracknell, RG12 1HL, by telephoning the same department on 0345 128 8908 or by email at email@example.com