Certificate of conformity


Due to the Covid-19 pandemic Honda (UK) is taking sensible precautions to protect both our staff and our customers.  As a result, Honda (UK) staff is following government advice by working from home and will not be able to access ingoing or outgoing post. We are attempting to respond via email or telephone where we have contact details but if we do not, we will need to wait until we return to standard office operations. If you are waiting for a postal response, please contact us via telephone or email to chase and we will make arrangements with you.


0345 200 8000

We keep a record of who has paid and once we are able to post them we will do so. Once you have paid please send an email confirming to certificateofconformity@honda-eu.com so we can keep you updated on the situation.

We appreciate this is an unusual situation and we hope you can understand our reasoning for the measures that have been put in place.

Thank you for contacting Honda (UK).

What's a Certificate of Conformity?

A Certificate of Conformity (COC) is granted for a car when it meets a minimum set of regulatory, technical and safety requirements.

You’ll need this certificate if you want to export your car overseas. 

If your car was registered after 1995 and was originally registered for the UK market you should be able to apply using your VIN. This can be posted directly to you, free of charge.

Please note if your vehicle has already been issued with a Certificate of Conformity, in order to receive a duplicate certificate there will be a charge of 175 Euros to cover the administrative costs*. If you are unsure if the Certificate is a duplicate or not, please request the Certificate and we will be in touch with you if payment is required.

*Additional Bank or Credit Card conversion charges may apply. Please contact your provider if you require further details of these changes.

How to get one

Apply for a Certificate of Conformity. You'll receive a confirmation email once completed.

You can expect to receive your certificate within ten working days if no payment is needed.

If payment is required, you will receive another email with instructions and will then receive your certificate within 10 work days after payment has been taken.