Personal Contract Purchase (PCP)
Last updated - 5pm on 05/01/21
As a responsible lender authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority, we understand that many of our customers may continue to be directly or indirectly affected by COVID-19.
Our philosophy ensures that we remain committed to respecting individuals and treating customers fairly during these unprecedented times.
We would like to reassure you that we are here to support you and the management of your Honda Finance agreement throughout this pandemic. We have some options we can make available to you, including payment deferrals, and we will work with you to find a solution that is in your best interests. We have ensured that you will experience the usual short wait times when you call our customer service team.
Should you wish to contact us for support, please call on 0345 128 8908 and select the COVID-19 option on the menu. Alternatively, please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org to request a call back. Our opening times are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday.
Other organisations like the Money Advice Service may also be a good source of information and support: https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en.
How it works
PCP is one of three finance products available to you from Honda Financial Services to help fund your car.
PCP allows you to keep your monthly repayments lower by deferring a proportion of the credit to the end of the agreement, as well as giving you the flexibility of three options at the end of the agreement.
So, how does this work?
- Firstly, choose the car you want.
- Agree on how much deposit you would like to put down.
- Then, estimate how many miles you will drive each year.
- Consider how long you would like your agreement to run, between two and four years.
- We will then use this information to calculate a Guaranteed Future Value [GFV] – this is what we predict the value of your car to be worth at the end of the agreement.
- The GFV is deferred until the end of your agreement.
- Your monthly payments are worked out on the difference between the GFV and the price of the car once your deposit has been taken off and interest added. This means you have lower, fixed monthly repayments.
When it comes to the end of your agreement, you will have three options to choose from:
1. Retain – you can keep your car. Pay the GFV and the option to purchase fee, and you will own the car outright.
2. Return – you can hand your car back to us without paying the GFV. If you have exceeded your agreed mileage or the car is not in a good condition, then there may be additional charges to pay. This will be detailed in your agreement.
3. Renew – you can part-exchange your car. Then, together with your Honda dealer, you can start looking at your next Honda.
Choose the right product
PCP may not be right for you. So, check out our other finance products to make sure you choose the product that best suits your needs and then contact your local Honda dealer for more details or for a personalised quote.