Categories of cookies used by Honda
The cookies used on Honda Online Content may be categorised as follows:
1. “Strictly necessary” cookies: these are cookies that are essential for the operation of our Honda Online Content. They enable users to move around the Honda Online Content and to use their features. For example, if you complete an online form covering several pages, these cookies allow us to know which page to serve next.
2. “Functionality” cookies: these allow the Honda Online Content to remember choices you make and your preferences, for example such as your preferred Honda dealership or detecting if a service has already been offered to you (such as surveys) or storing more complex decisions such as the specific product or service you are interested in.
3. “Performance/Analytical” cookies: these collect information about how visitors navigate and use our Honda Online Content. For example, which pages users access most frequently and, in the case of apps, the average connection time within the app and connection success and failure ratings. They identify how users interact with the Honda Online Content, any errors that occur, which pages are not used often, which pages take a long time to load, which pages users tend to visit and in what order.
4. “Targeting or advertising”: these cookies can be used to deliver adverts relevant to an identified machine or other device (not a named or otherwise identifiable person) which are tailored to interests associated with the website activity tied to that machine or device. For example, if a cookie on a third party website recognises that a particular product was purchased from a particular device, that cookie may “talk to” marketing cookies on the website to ensure advertisements about similar products displayed on the website are accessed from that device.
These cookies can also be used to limit the number of times a visitor sees an advertisement as well as to help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. They may also remember that the website has been visited from a device and are that information with marketing organisations,
The marketing cookies on our site are operated by third parties with our permission. Marketing cookies are used to monitor from which advertising source a user was directed towards our site so that we know whether it is worth us investing in that particular advertising source.
5. "Social Media Cookies": These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing or like button on our Sites, and when you link your account or engage with our content through a social media site. The social media network keeps a record of the fact you have done this. This information can then be linked to targeting/advertising activities.