How We Share Your Personal Data
Transfers within the Honda Group of Companies
We share your personal data with members of the Honda Group
Honda Finance Europe PLC (HFE): HFE provides financing options for UK customers.
Honda Motor Co., Ltd. (HM): HM, our parent company, receives information on product recalls, and information on our NSX sales (Transfer of Customer Name and NSX Specification in order for factory build. N.B. HME send this information directly.)
For the purposes mentioned above, your personal data will be processed in, or accessed from, members of the Honda Group of Companies situated in jurisdictions outside the European Economic Area ("EEA") that do not have equivalent data protection laws to those in the EEA. When we transfer your data within the Honda Group of Companies, we make use of standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission.
(a) Transfers to Honda authorised dealers and repairers
We share your personal data with Honda authorised dealers and repairers in the EEA. This data is shared so we can fulfil your test drive, service enquiries, and also share your ownership details with your sales or servicing dealers where you have requested assistance.
A full list of Honda dealers may be accessed below:
Lawn & Garden: http://www.honda.co.uk/lawn-and-garden/dealer-list.html
There is also a Dealer Search Engine online:
Lawn & Garden: http://www.honda.co.uk/lawn-and-garden/find-a-dealer.html
(b) Transfers to companies providing services under contract
Your personal data will be shared with companies providing services under contract to the Honda group of companies, such the companies set out below:
- Website provider & hosting (current provider: Digitas LBi Limited)
- e-Commerce Power Equipment Website provider (current provider: The Hut.com Limited )
- Live Chat Power Equipment Website provider (current provider: The Hut.com Limited )
- Google analytics provided for website improvement and optimisation (Google LLC)
- Used Car locator (current provider: Manheim Limited)
- Motorcycle Dealer Websites (participating Dealers only)
(current provider: One Black Bear Limited)
- Motorcycle Experiences (current providers: Honda School of Motorcycling, Dave Thorpe (Dthorc Limited), The Ron Haslem Race School, Inch Perfect Trials Limited)
- Used Motorcycle Website (current provider: One Black Bear Limited)
- Brochure fulfilment (current provider: RR Donnelley & Sons Company)
- Email Broadcast (current provider: Celerity Ltd, & Adestra Limited)
- Event Management (current provider: Noble Limited, KCS Limited)
- Event tablet data collection (current provider: Brandwidth Limited)
- My Honda App/Dongle (current provider: Bright Box Europe SA)
The App is administered on behalf of Honda by Bright Box Europe SA (registered number CH-518.104.22.1683-8) and its affiliate Bright Box Hungary Kft (together “Bright Box”).
- Fleet & B2B Management: (current provider: ROI Limited)
- IT help desk provider (current provider: ATOS IT services UK Limited)
- IT hosting (current provider: IBM Belgium SPRL/BVBA)
- IT maintenance provider (current provider: IBM United Kingdom Limited)
- Data Management:
(current provider: Direct Select (192) Limited T/A UKChanges , Carweb Limited, ETL)
- Data analysis: (current providers: Urban Science International Limited, Karmarama, Dentsu Aegis Network Limited)
- Extended Guarantees & Service Plan providers
(current provider: The Warranty Group Europe HQ)
- Warranty providers (current provider: The Warranty Group Europe HQ)
- Roadside Assistance (current provider: The Automobile Association (AA plc))
- Customer satisfaction surveys across our divisions
(current providers: InMoment Inc, GFK)
- Customer Relations call services (current provider: Concentrix Corporation, BPA Corporate Facilitation Ltd, Ctalk Limited)
- Customer Relations call management (current provider: Ctalk Limited)
- Registration Data for government use (Driving & Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA))
- Registration/Security Tag process for Motorcycles (current provider: DataTag Limited)
- Tracking system for Motorcycles (current provider: Scorpion Automotive Limited)
- Vehicle Recalls (current provider: GrassRoots Group UK Limited)
- Professional advisors (current provider: Deloitte LLP, Gartner Inc)
- Dealer Awards Program (current provider: River Agency, Amp)
Transfers outside the EEA
Further to the above purposes, we will transfer your personal data to organisations outside of the EEA. When doing do, we may use standard contractual data protection clauses, which have been approved by the European Commission. We may also transfer your data to organisations in the US who participate in the EU-US Privacy Shield or which have corporate rules in place to protect your data, which have been approved by EU data protection authorities. For further information, including to obtain a copy of the documents used to protect your information, please contact us as described in the Contact Us section below.
Where you consent to the use of Google Analytics for performance optimisation of your Honda app, Google may store or process your data in the US or any other country in which Google or its sub-processors maintain facilities. Where this is the case, we will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Privacy Notice).
Third party apps
Where you download a third party app from the Honda Online Content, your personal data will be transferred to that third party app provider directly as a separate data controller. Honda is not responsible for the processing of your personal data by such app providers. As such, you should take time to read and understand how your personal data will be used by app providers before you download their apps.
(c) Transfers to other organisations
- Transfers to third parties if we are under a duty to disclose your personal data in order to comply with a legal obligation or if we consider this is necessary for us to protect the rights, property or safety of Honda, our customers or others.
- Transfers to government authorities and/or law enforcement officials if mandated by law or if required for the protection of our legitimate interests in compliance with applicable laws.
- Transfers to prospective or actual buyers in the event that Honda, or any part of the Honda Group, sells any of its business or assets which includes personal data.
- Transfers to third parties, where you have given specific consent:
o Insurance providers (current provider: Aviva Insurance Services UK Limited)
o Independent Reviews across our divisions (current provider: Reevoo Limited)