For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (“the Act”), the data controller is Honda (UK), a branch of Honda Motor Europe Limited, located at:
Honda (UK), Cain Road, Bracknell, RG12 1HL.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
1. Contact details that you provide by filling in forms on our site honda.co.uk, including information provided when you:
• subscribe to receive one of our e-communications;
• order a brochure;
• book a test drive;
• register a product or change your vehicle ownership details;
• enquire about a specific product;
• request a call back;
• respond to a campaign;
• enter a competition or promotion;
• submit a question to us or provide us with feedback.
2. Details of your visits to our site including but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access.
You are provided with an opportunity to opt out from receiving communications from us or our partners at the time that your details are submitted and on each occasion that you are contacted thereafter.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing in this way.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
• To provide you with information about our products, services, offers or technical developments that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes;
• To contact you regarding your opinions on our products and services which may be used for marketing, research and analysis, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
We, or selected third parties, will only contact you by electronic means if you have consented to this.
Choice / opt-in and opt-out
You will be given the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out to having your contact details used as set out above, at the time your details are submitted.
For example, when you order a brochure, you can tell us when you provide your details if you do not want to receive any other information from Honda or our partners, or you can let us know how best to get in touch with you with information that may be of interest.
If you do not want us to use your data as set out above, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant boxes situated on the form on which we collect your data.
If you no longer wish to receive email or other promotional materials from us, you may opt-out of receiving these communications at any time by one of the following methods:
• by replying to the email with ‘unsubscribe’ in the subject line;
• by using the opt out boxes on the response form and submitting it;
• by writing to the Database Manager, Honda (UK), Cain Road, Bracknell, RG12 1HL;
• by calling us on 0845 200 8000.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal data to any member of our group, authorised repairers or third parties working on behalf of Honda.
Fake emails using Honda's name
Honda is aware of fake emails, popularly called "phishing" emails which can contain notices such as job advertisements, job offers and competition award notifications. These emails use Honda’s name to pretend they are genuine and exist solely for the purpose of obtaining private information about consumers (e.g. credit card numbers or passwords). These emails have no connection with Honda and Honda does not use these methods for job advertising or for communicating with competition winners.
Unfortunately these fake emails are a growing fraud on the internet. This practice is carried out either by the sending of a bogus email directly to a victim, or by directing them to a website where personal information is requested.
Fake job offers tend to target overseas individuals, as they ask for money to be sent to them for UK visa purposes. Honda never requests payments details in association with any job applications or any communication related to them. If in any doubt about the validity of a recruitment offer, please contact Human Resources, Honda (UK), Cain Road, Bracknell, RG12 1HL.
Recent email award notifications have purported to be from Honda. Honda never requests payment details in association with competition winners or any communication related to them.
Honda advises that if you receive an email using Honda’s name that asks for personal information or financial information and you have concerns about its authenticity, then please treat such emails with extreme caution.
Correcting / updating / accessing personal information
If your personal information changes (such as post code, email address, etc.), or if we have inaccurate information, we will endeavour to correct, update or remove your personal information from our database. To notify us of a change or inaccuracy, you can advise us using our Update your Details form or by calling us on 0845 200 8000.
Subject access requests
If you would like to access the personal information that Honda holds about you, please write to us at Honda (UK), Cain Road, Bracknell, RG12 1HL for the attention of the Company Solicitor. Please include a payment of £10 payable to Honda (UK) to cover administration and processing costs.
Links to third party sites
Notification of changes