Back to top

Year Of Manufacture

Honda (UK) can issue a Year of Manufacture letter for motorcycles originally imported and distributed by Honda (UK) only. We require the full VIN. A Year Of Manufacture letter will assist you with obtaining an age related registration from the DVLA, it cannot be used as proof of ownership.

There is a charge for this service £25+VAT by cheque or postal order in UK sterling to the following address:

Honda (UK) Customer Operations
Year Of Manufacture
Cain Road
RG12 1HL
United Kingdom

We may require up to 2-6 weeks to obtain the information especially in cases where the motorcycle is older than 1995 as we have to contact the originating factory.

Back to top

Certificate of Conformity

If your motorcycle is younger than June 2003 then you should be able to apply using your VIN for a COC (certificate of conformity) - these can be posted directly to you, there is no charge for this service. Please email us at customer.servicemc@honda-eu.com including your full VIN number and your address details. We expect these to be posted with 5-7 working days.

Back to top

How can I contact Honda (UK)?

By Phone:
Honda Customer Contact Centre - 0845 200 8000
Hondacare assistance - 0800 521 728
Honda Happiness - 0800 0285320

By Email:

By Post:
Honda (UK)
Customer - Motorcycles
Cain Road
RG12 1HL
United Kingdom

Back to top

How do I get a brochure?

You can obtain a brochure on our website by using the menu at the top of the page or alternatively you can call us on 0845 200 8000 and we will post one to you.

Back to top

How can I update my details with Honda?

Please use the contact us are on www.honda.co.uk or call us on 0845 200 8000.

Back to top

What are the opening hours?

8:00 AM - 6:00 PM Monday to Friday
9:00 AM - 5:00 PM Saturdays

(outside these hours a limited service still operates)

Back to top

Where is my nearest Honda Motorcycle Dealer?

Please click here and follow the link

Back to top

How can I get an owner's manual?

They are available to buy from any Authorised Honda Dealer, please click here and follow the link

Back to top

Warranty related questions

What are the Terms and Conditions of the new on road motorcycle warranty?
Every new Honda motorcycle come with a service and warranty booklet, this will includes the 'Terms and Conditions' and further information including the service record.

Is the manufacturer's warranty transferable to a new owner?
Yes, the product carries the warranty, not the owner and is subject to terms and conditions.

I have an imported motorcycle from the EU, what's the warranty period?
All European Union motorcycles carry the full 2 years unlimited mileage warranty.

How do I purchase an extended warranty for my motorcycle?
Please contact your local Honda dealer and discuss the Honda Happiness care packages or contact Honda Happiness on 0800 0285320

Will my Honda manufacturer's warranty be affected if my motorcycle is serviced by a non Honda Dealer?
No, so long as any defects are not the result of any service related issues

If a non Honda Dealer services my motorcycle, do they have to use genuine Honda parts?
No, if a part fails and is the cause of an issue we will not honour warranty on non Honda parts.

Back to top

Dealer related questions

Do they offer collection and delivery?
We would always request that you check this with your dealer, do not assume this is a service provided by all of our network.

Back to top

Maintenence & Servicing Your Honda

You should be familiar and it is your responsibility to keep your motorcycle serviced according to the service schedule provided for your model in the owners manual.

Back to top

Parts and Accessories

How do I find the price and availability of a part / accessory?
Please contact an authorised Honda Dealer for further information.

Back to top

What is Hondacare Assistance?

Hondacare assistance is motorcycle based, so it provides service to anyone riding your Honda motorcycle with your permission. All new Honda (UK) motorcycles are covered by Hondacare Assistance for the duration of your manufacturers warranty period, and this starts from the date of first registration.

On Road Motorcycles - 2 year UK only
VFR1200F & VFR1200FD - 3 years UK and EU cover

How to call Hondacare Assistance in the UK:
Contact Telephone Numbers: 0800 521 728 (if calling from a mobile, please check with your network supplier for any special conditions).

European Cover
If you wish to take your motorcycle abroad, we recommend that you take out AA Five Star Cover. To find out more information about this comprehensive European cover, please call 0800 444 500.

(Please note, AA Five Star is only available for motorcycles of 200cc and above).

VFR1200F & VFR1200FD European Cover
European Emergency vehicle assistance (24 hours)
00 800 33228877

Or if calling from France:
08 25 87 89 83 or 04 72 17 12 05

Or from any other location:
00 33 825 87 89 83 or 00 33 472 17 12 05

If you experience any difficulties please contact asap us on + 44 (0) 1753 590510.
Monday - Friday 8.30am - 17.30pm GMT

Always refer to your Hondacare assistance booklets for further information, useful contacts and terms and conditions before you depart on any journey so you are familiar with the information.