Car Insurance that leaves you free to dream.
Access to exclusive Honda offers
- Up to 10% online discount*
- Legal expenses cover included as standard**
- Courtesy car cover included as standard**
For a Car Insurance
0844 800 0462***
To query an existing Car Insurance quote
0844 800 0462***
To make a change to an existing policy
0844 800 0463***
To make a claim
0800 404 6016***
At Honda we understand how important your car is to you and why you will look to ensure you have the correct protection in place. Our annual car insurance policy is designed specifically for Honda drivers, so should the worst happen you can rest assured that you are in safe hands. Who better to insure your vehicle than the people who built it.
Keep It Honda
- All repairs undertaken by a Honda approved repairer using genuine Honda parts
- Lifetime guarantee on all Honda repairs for as long as you remain insured with Honda Car Insurance
- Courtesy car while your car is being repaired at a Honda approved repairer
Peace of mind. These covers will help ensure that the safety rating of your car is maintained and that the manufacturer warranties on your car are preserved. Another Honda solution!
Honda Car Insurance: Key Features and Benefits:
- Legal Expenses cover included as standard
- 24/7 UK Claims Helpline
- New vehicle replacement cover
- 24 hour accident recovery service
- Broken or damaged glass will be replaced with no impact on your No Claims Discount
- Key replacement cover
For more information on the cover we offer please see 'Summary of cover'. For full cover details on the cover we offer including key benefits and exclusions please see the 'Policy Booklet'.
* Discount depends on your individual circumstances and does not apply to optional extras. Minimum premium applies.
** See 'Summary of cover' for more information.
*** Calls may be monitored and/or recorded for quality and training purposes.
Honda Car Insurance is underwritten by Aviva Insurance Limited.
Honda Motor Europe Limited is an Appointed Representative of Aviva Insurance, which is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority.
Summary of Cover
We don’t link things to be complicated and so the information below provides some further information on the cover we offer. For a summary of key policy features and benefits see below:
Honda approved repairer using genuine Honda parts
Any repairs carried out on your vehicle following an accident will be carried out by Honda approved repairer using genuine Honda parts where available.
Lifetime guarantee on all Honda repairs
As with all repairs made within official Honda repair centers and you remain insured with Honda Car Insurance.
Courtesy car while your car is being repaired
A replacement car is provided when using one of our approved repairers and is available for the duration of any repairs. If your car is stolen or written off, we provide a hire car until an offer is made to settle the claim (up to a maximum of 14 days).Designed to keep you mobile during the period of your claim, this option should satisfy the needs of most customers. Every attempt will be made to supply a Honda vehicle.
Legal Expenses Cover
Expert legal support when you need it most:
- If you’re involved in a motor accident which is not your fault, we will cover up to £100,000 legal costs for a lawyer to pursue compensation from the driver who is to blame (eg personal injury, your excess, travel expenses).*
- We will also pay your legal costs should your claim not be successful where the chances of success are greater that 50% and the maximum payable is £100,000.
- Up to £10,000 legal costs for a lawyer to defend you if you’re being prosecuted for a motoring offence (eg speeding fine).
- 24 hour UK legal helpline — confidential legal advice on motoring issues (eg private vehicle sale).
*The lawyer will discuss your cases with you and represent you if it is more likely than not that you will be successful.
24/7 UK Claims Helpline
Our phone claims lines are open all day, all night, every day of the year. If you should need us all you need to do is call and an incident manager will record all details relating to your car insurance claim, and will take immediate steps towards resolving it for you. There are no forms to fill in, and the incident manager will confirm;
- Whether your policy covers you for the incident
- What you will have to pay
- All steps involved in your car insurance claim being settled
New vehicle replacement cover
We will replace your vehicle with a new vehicle of the same make, model and specification (if one is available in the UK) if, within 12 months of the main policyholder (principal policyholder), main drivers of each vehicle (eg vehicle policyholder) or a domestic/civil partner buying your vehicle from new:
- Any repair cost or damage in respect of any one claim covered by the policy is more than 60% of the vehicle’s UK list price (including vehicle tax and VAT) when your vehicle was purchased, or
- Your vehicle is stolen and not recovered.
We will only replace your vehicle if the main policyholder (principal policyholder), main drivers of each vehicle (eg vehicle policyholder) or a partner:
- Purchases it under a hire purchase agreement or other type of agreement where ownership passes to the main policyholder (principal policyholder), main drivers of each vehicle (eg vehicle policyholder) or a partner and the Financing Company agree, and
- The main policyholder (principal policyholder), main drivers (vehicle policyholders) or a partner becomes the first registered keeper of your vehicle, or the second registered keeper of your vehicle where your vehicle has been pre registered in the name of the manufacturer or supplying dealer, provided at the time of purchase the mileage was less than 250 miles.
Vehicles sold as ‘ex demonstrators’ and ‘nearly new’ do not qualify for replacement under this section.
24 hour accident recovery service
If you are involved in an accident and your car is undriveable, we will come and pick you and your car up from the scene of the accident whatever time of the day it may be. We can arrange for your car to be delivered to a repairer/or your home and will arrange for you to be taken on to a destination of your choice — whether it be home or to your original destination if you were travelling away from home (within the UK including Northern Ireland).
Key replacement cover
If your ignition keys are lost or stolen we will pay the cost of replacing the affected locks, lock transmitter and central locking interface, affected parts of the alarm and/or immobiliser, provided that it can be established to our reasonable satisfaction that the identity or garaging address of your vehicle is known to any person who is in possession of your ignition keys and the value of the claim does not exceed the market value of your vehicle.
Child seat cover
If child seat(s) are fitted in your vehicle and your vehicle is involved in an accident or damaged following fire or theft, we will pay up to £100 per child seat towards the cost of a replacement whether the seat has been damaged or not.
Personal belongings kept in your vehicle
We will pay up to £150 to the main policyholder (principal policyholder) or the main drivers of each vehicle (eg vehicle policyholder) (or, at their request, the owner) for loss of or damage to personal belongings caused by fire, theft or accidental means while the personal belongings are in or on your vehicle. This excludes money, stamps, tickets document or securities, goods or samples carried in connection with any trade or business.
Audio equipment in your vehicle
Unlimited cover for any audio equipment in your vehicle (which) is covered as part of your vehicle’s accessories.
Honda Car Insurance - What is covered?
Standard comprehensive policy benefits include
Honda Approved Repairers
In the event of an accident we'll make sure your Honda is seen by a Honda Approved Repairer, who'll only use genuine Honda parts, with a 3 year guarantee for complete peace of mind.
We'll give you a courtesy car whilst yours is being repaired. We'll even do our best to ensure it's a Honda.
New Car Replacement
If your vehicle is less than 12 months old from first registration and is either stolen, not recovered or sustains damage amounting to over 60% of its pre-accident value, we will replace it with a brand new vehicle of the same specification.
If the worst happens, we'll pay up to £500 per person for the medical expenses of anyone who is injured while they are in your vehicle as a result of an accident involving your vehicle.
Foreign Use Cover
Cover available in the European Union subject to 90 days per year.
If the key or lock transmitter is lost or stolen we will pay up to £500 for a replacement.
Personal Belongings Cover
We will provide up to £150 cover for your personal belongings that are lost or damaged as the result of an accident or theft.
Child Seat Cover
If you have a child seat fitted in your vehicle and your vehicle is involved in an accident or damaged following a fire or theft, we will contribute up to £150 per child seat towards the cost of replacement, whether or not it is damaged.
Terms and conditions
Please see the important documents page when completing a quote for full terms and conditions.