With Honda Car Insurance you'll be in the safe hands of the people who know your car best.
- Honda Car Insurance
Honda Car Insurance - What is covered?
Honda Approved Repairers
In the event of an accident we'll make sure your Honda is seen by a Honda Approved Repairer, who'll only use genuine Honda parts, with a 3 year guarantee for complete peace of mind.
We'll give you a courtesy car whilst yours is being repaired. We'll even do our best to ensure it's a Honda.
New Car Replacement
If your vehicle is less than 12 months old from first registration and is either stolen, not recovered or sustains damage amounting to over 50% of its pre-accident value, we will replace it with a brand new vehicle of the same specification.
If the worst happens, we'll pay up to £500 per person for the medical expenses of anyone who is injured while they are in your vehicle as a result of an accident involving your vehicle.
Foreign Use Cover
We automatically cover for use in the European Union. This is unlimited, provided each single trip is no longer than 60 days.
If the key or lock transmitter for your car is lost or stolen we will pay up to £300 for a replacement.
Personal Belongings Cover
We will provide up to £150 cover for your personal belongings that are lost or damaged as the result of an accident or theft.
Child Seat Cover
If you have a child seat fitted in your vehicle and your vehicle is involved in an accident or damaged following a fire or theft, we will contribute up to £100 per child seat towards the cost of replacement, whether or not it is damaged.
Terms and conditions
The cover you have.
Your schedule shows you what cover you have. The different types of cover are listed below. Find the cover you have and see the sections that apply.
- Comprehensive (shown as COMP) - all sections apply.
- Damage, third party, fire and theft (shown as DTPFT) - Sections 1,2 and 8 apply.
- Damage and third party only (shown as DTPO) - Section 1, Section 2 (except fire and theft) and Section 8 apply.
- Damage, fire and theft (shown as DFT) - (You can only have this cover if your vehicle is not on a public road and is not being used.)
- Third party, fire and theft (shown as TPFT) - Section 1, Section 2 (except accidental or malicious damage and vandalism) and Section 8 apply.
- Third party only (shown as TPO) - Sections 1 and 8 apply.
- Fire and theft (shown as FT) - only Section 2 (except accidental or malicious damage and vandalism) applies. (You can only have this cover if your vehicle is not on a public road and is not being used.)
The general terms, conditions and exceptions apply to all sections of the insurance.
The insurance only covers your vehicle if it is being used in the way specified in your certificate of motor insurance or endorsement.
The following uses are not covered.
- Racing, pacemaking or being in any contest or speed trial or any rigorous reliability - testing on your vehicle (apart from road safety rallies and treasure hunts).
- Any purpose connected with the motor trade, unless this use is described in your certificate.
- Hiring - letting out your vehicle in return for a sum of money.
- Use on any race track, derestricted toll road (including the Nurburgring) or off road activity.
- Carrying and transporting passengers or goods for a sum of money (if a mileage allowance is paid to you for official or agreed business duties in connection with your employment or for voluntary/charity work, such use will be covered).
Section 1 - Liability to others
Driving your vehicle
We will insure you for all the amounts you may be legally liable to pay for:
- death of or injury to other people; or
- damage to property;
as a result of any accident you have while you are driving, using or in charge of your vehicle.
Driving other cars
We will also provide the cover shown above (if this is specified in your certificate of motor insurance), to drive any private car that you do not own and have not hired under a hire purchase or leasing agreement, as long as you have the owner’s permission to drive the car.
You are not insured against the following:
- Any vehicle that is not a private car.
- Any vehicle that is not insured in its own right.
- Any vehicle that is not registered and kept within the territorial limits.
- Any loss or damage to the vehicle you are driving.
- Any event which occurs outside of the United Kingdom.
- Any event which occurs when the insurance is not in the name of an individual person.
- Any liability if you no longer have possession of the insured vehicle.
- Legal liability covered by any other insurance.
Other people driving or using your vehicle
The following people are also insured.
- Any person you allow to drive or use your vehicle, as long as this is allowed by your current certificate of motor insurance and has not been excluded by an endorsement, exception or condition.
- Any person who causes an accident while travelling in or getting into or out of the insured vehicle as long as you ask us in writing, after the accident, to cover the passenger.
Limits of indemnity to property damage
We will pay up to £20,000,000 for damage to property for any one claim or claims arising out of one incident. The most we will pay for costs and expenses rising from property damage is £5,000,000 for any one claim (or claims) arising out of one incident.
If there is a property damage claim made against more than one person covered by this insurance, we will first deal with any claim made against you.
If your certificate of motor insurance allows business use, we will insure your employer or business partner or your husband, wife, or civil partner’s employer or business partner, against the events shown above under ‘Driving your vehicle’ while you or your husband, wife or civil partner are working for that employer or partner, but not while using a vehicle provided by the employer or partner unless that vehicle is shown in the schedule.
Legal personal representatives
After the death of anyone who is covered by this insurance, we will deal with any claim made against that person’s estate, cover will be provided for a legal representative, provided that the claim is covered by this insurance.
Costs and expenses
If we first agree in writing, we will pay:
- solicitor’s costs if anyone we insure is represented at a coroner’s inquest, fatal accident inquiry or court of summary jurisdiction;
- reasonable costs for legal services to defend anyone we insure against any prosecution arising from any death; and
- all other legal costs and expenses we agree to.
We will only pay these legal fees if they arise from an accident that is covered under this insurance.
Emergency medical treatment
We will pay for emergency medical treatment that is needed after an accident involving any vehicle which this insurance covers.
If this is the only payment we make, it will not affect your no claim bonus. (We must provide this cover under the Road Traffic Acts.)
European Union (EU) (Compulsory cover)
We will provide the minimum insurance needed by the relevant law to allow you to use your vehicle:
- in any country which is a member of the EU; and
- in any other countries which have made arrangements to meet the insurance conditions of, and are approved by, the Commission of the European Union.
The full cover will automatically apply, for up to 60 days, when you travel to a country within the European Union, Norway, Switzerland (including Liechtenstein), Andorra, Croatia and Iceland. If you are travelling to any other country and you need the full cover shown in the schedule, you must tell us in writing and pay an extra premium for the cover (see Section 8 - Foreign use).
Under this section we will insure you while any vehicle covered by this insurance is towing a caravan, trailer or a broken-down vehicle (as allowed by law).
We will not pay any claim arising from the following.
- Damage to or loss of the towed caravan, trailer or broken-down vehicle.
- Damage to or loss of any property being carried in or on the towed caravan, trailer or broken-down vehicle.
- A caravan, trailer or broken-down vehicle being towed for reward.
- If more than one caravan, trailer or broken-down vehicle is being towed at any one time.
We will only provide cover if:
- the caravan, trailer or vehicle is properly secured to your vehicle by towing equipment manufactured for the purpose; and
- the method of towing the caravan, trailer or vehicle stays within the manufacturer’s recommended towing limits and any other relevant law.
Exceptions to Section 1
This section of your insurance does not cover the following.
- Anyone covered by any other insurance.
- Loss of, or damage to, any property belonging to (or in the care of) any person claiming under this section of the insurance.
- Loss of, or damage to, any motor vehicle covered under this insurance.
- Any legal costs if anyone pleads guilty when the solicitor suggests they plead not guilty.
- Death of or bodily injury to any person arising out of and in the course of their employment by the policyholder or by any other person claiming under this insurance. This does not apply if we need to provide cover due to the requirements of relevant laws.
- Any liability, loss or damage arising directly or indirectly from acts of terrorism (as defined in the UK Terrorism Act 2000) unless we need to provide the minimum insurance needed under the Road Traffic Act.
Section 2 - Loss of or damage to your vehicle
This cover only applies to your vehicle
We will insure your vehicle against loss or damage (less any excess that applies) caused by:
- accidental or malicious damage and vandalism;
- fire, lightning, self-ignition and explosion; or
- theft or attempted theft, or taking the insured vehicle away without your permission.
Accessories and audio, visual, satellite navigation or
Your vehicle’s spare parts and fitted accessories are insured in the same way (this includes the makers tool kit and the vehicles safety equipment). We only provide this cover if the spare parts and accessories are only used with your vehicle, are kept in or on your vehicle and fall within the maximum amount we pay. Permanently-fitted audio, visual, satellite navigation and telephone equipment is also insured against loss or damage, but we will only pay the market value of the equipment at the time of the loss or damage. The most we will pay is £500 if you have comprehensive cover and £400 for third party, fire and theft cover (less any excess that applies) for items which are not the manufacturers standard fitted equipment. We will not pay for loss of or damage to cassettes, compact or mini discs, dvd’s or accessories used with the audio, visual, satellite navigation or telephone equipment.
For a claim under this section we may either:
- pay for the damage to be repaired; or
- pay an amount of cash to replace the lost or damaged item.
The most we pay will be either:
- the market value of your vehicle immediately before the loss (including its accessories and spare parts) up to the value shown in the schedule; or
- the cost of repairing the insured vehicle; whichever is less.
We will not pay the cost of any repair or replacement which improves your vehicle or accessories to a better condition than they were in before the loss or damage. If this happens you must make a contribution towards the cost of repair or replacement.
Transport after an accident
If your vehicle cannot be driven after an accident, we will pay the reasonable cost (where necessary) of taking your vehicle to a repairer near to your vehicle’s location, and returning it after the repair to your last known address. Do not attempt to move the vehicle yourself if this could increase the damage. If unnecessary damage is caused as a result of attempts to move your vehicle, we will not pay any extra cost arising from that damage.
If your vehicle can be driven safely and is damaged in a way which is covered by this insurance, you should report the accident by calling the telephone number on page 5 of this policy book.
An accident report form will be sent to you (if required by your Insurer) for completion. If you are not using one of our approved repairers you must also send two estimates from different garages so that we can decide on a suitable repairer. We may arrange for your vehicle to go to a repairer of our choice if we cannot reach an agreement with the repairer over costs. All repairs are guaranteed for three years provided they are carried out by one of our approved repairers.
Total loss (write-off)
If your vehicle is considered to be a write-off (if the cost of repairs is greater than the market value of the vehicle), we will offer you an amount as compensation. This insurance for your vehicle will end when you accept that offer. If we ask, you must return the certificate of motor insurance and the schedule before we pay the compensation. The vehicle then becomes our property. We may decide to let the insurance continue on a replacement vehicle.
If the insured vehicle belongs to someone else, or is part of a hire purchase or leasing arrangement, we will normally pay the vehicle’s legal owner an amount for the total loss of the vehicle.
Windscreen damage (comprehensive cover only)
You may claim for damage to your vehicle’s windscreen or windows and for any bodywork scratched by broken glass from the window or windscreen. This benefit does not apply to damaged sun roofs, roof panels, lights or reflectors, whether glass or plastic. The excess that you will have to pay is shown on your schedule. If we pay under this part, this will not affect your no claim bonus.
New car replacement
If your vehicle is less than one year old from the date of you buying it new and it is either:
- stolen or lost and not recovered; or
- damaged so that repairs will cost more than 50% of the manufacturer’s Recommended Retail Price (including taxes). we will replace your vehicle with a new car of the same make, model and specification, if one is available. If one is not available, we will pay an amount equal to that which was paid when you bought the vehicle (based on UK list price), or the current manufacturers Recommended Retail Price (including taxes), whichever is less. The lost or damaged vehicle will then belong to us. (We will only provide this benefit if you ask for it and anyone with a financial interest in the vehicle agrees.)
If an excess is shown in the schedule, you have agreed to pay that amount for each incident of loss or damage.
Extra excesses for young or inexperienced drivers
If your vehicle is damaged while a young or inexperienced person (including yourself) is driving you will have to pay the first part of the cost as shown below. This is on top of any other excesses which you may have to pay.
- Under 21 years of age £300
- Aged 21 to 24 years of age £200
- 25 years of age or over but who have a provisional driving licence or who have not held for 12 months or more, a full driving licence issued by any country which is a member of the European Union. £200
You will not have to pay the amounts shown above if the loss or damage is caused by fire or theft.
When your vehicle is being serviced
The cover provided under this section will still apply when your vehicle is being serviced or repaired. While the vehicle is in the hands of the motor trade for a service or repair we ignore any restrictions on driving or use (as shown in your certificate of motor insurance).
Loss of or damage to other vehicles
We will not cover loss of or damage to any vehicle which you are driving or using, which does not belong to you, is not being bought by you under a hire purchase agreement or is leased to you (unless that vehicle is shown in the schedule).
Exceptions to Section 2
This section of your insurance does not cover the following.
- The amount of any excess shown in the schedule.
- An amount as compensation for you not being able to use your vehicle (including the cost of hiring another vehicle).
- Wear and tear.
- Failures, break-downs or breakages of mechanical, electrical, electronic or computer equipment.
- The insured vehicle’s value reducing, including loss of value as a result of damage, whether repaired or not.
- Repairs or replacements which improve the condition of the insured vehicle.
- Costs of importing parts or accessories or storage.
- Damage to tyres caused by braking, punctures, cuts or bursts.
- Damage due to liquid freezing in the cooling system, unless you have taken reasonable precautions as shown in the vehicle manufacturer’s instructions.
- Any amount over the last known list price of any part of accessory, plus the reasonable cost of fitting the part or accessory, if the vehicle manufacturer or its agent cannot supply it from stock held in the United Kingdom.
- Costs of importing parts or accessories or storage costs caused by delays, where the parts or accessories are not available from current stock within the territorial limits.
- Loss of or damage to the insured vehicle by someone who obtained it by fraud, trickery or deception.
- Loss resulting from repossessing the insured vehicle and returning it to its rightful owner.
- The vehicle being confiscated or destroyed by or under order of any government or public or local authority.
- Loss of or damage to your vehicle if it is taken or driven without your permission by any member of your family or partner or anyone living in your home, unless there is evidence that they are being prosecuted for taking your vehicle.
- Loss or damage caused by failure to maintain the insured vehicle or safeguard it from loss or damage.
- Deliberate damage by the insured person or anyone driving with the insured’s permission.
- Loss of or damage to your vehicle or its contents by theft or attempted theft or an unauthorised person taking and driving it if:
- it has been left unlocked;
- it has been left with the keys in it;
- it has been left with the windows, roof panel or the roof open (in the case of a convertible vehicle); or
- reasonable precautions have not been taken to protect it.
Section 3 - Medical Expenses
(Comprehensive Cover Only)
We will pay up to £500 per person for the medical expenses of anyone who is injured while they are in your vehicle as a result of an accident involving your vehicle.
Section 4 - Child Seat Cover
(Comprehensive Cover Only)
If you have a child seat fitted in your vehicle and your vehicle is involved in an accident or damaged following a fire or theft, we will pay up to £100 per child seat towards the cost of replacement even if there is no apparent damage, subject to you making a claim under Section 2 of your policy. The excess shown in the schedule does not apply to a claim under child seat cover.
Section 5 - Replacements Locks
(Comprehensive Cover Only)
If the vehicle keys or lock transmitter of your vehicle is lost or stolen we will pay up to £300 for the cost of replacing:
- the door locks and/or boot lock.
- the ignition/steering lock.
- the lock transmitter and central locking interface.
Providing that you can establish to our satisfaction that the identity or garaging address of your vehicle is known to any person who is in possession of your keys or transmitter.
Your no claim discount will not be disallowed solely as a result of a claim under this section.
The excess shown in the schedule does not apply to a claim for replacement locks.
Section 6 - Personal accident benefits
(Comprehensive Cover Only)
If you, your husband, wife or civil partner accidentally receive an injury or is killed while travelling or getting in to or getting out of any private motor vehicle we will pay the following :
- Death £5,000
- Permanent loss of limb above the wrist or ankle £3,500
- Permanent blindness in one or both eyes £3,500
The most we will pay any period of insurance is £8,500.
We will make the payment to you or your legal personal representative.
This personal accident benefit does not apply:
- to anyone who is 75 or older at the time of the accident;
- to death or bodily injury caused by suicide or attempted suicide;
- to death or injury to any person not wearing a seat belt when they are required to do so by law.
- to death or bodily injury while under the influence of drugs or alcohol; or
- if the insurance is not in the name of an individual.
Section 7 - Personal Belongings
(Comprehensive Cover Only)
We will pay up to a total of £150 for personal belongings in or on your vehicle if they are lost or damaged because of an accident, fire, theft or attempted theft.
This personal belongings cover does not apply to:
- money, stamps, tickets, documents or securities;
- jewellery or furs;
- goods or samples connected with your work;
- property insured under any other contract of insurance; or
- property that was not reasonably protected.
- property left in a convertible car, unless it is stored in a locked boot or locked glove compartment.
Section 8 - Foreign Use
We will automatically provide cover when you visit any country which is a member of the European Union, Norway, Switzerland (including Liechtenstein), Andorra, Croatia and Iceland. There is no limit on the number of trips you make in any period of insurance but each trip must be for no more than 60 days.
This cover only applies if:
- your permanent home is in Great Britain, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man; and
- your visit to such countries is temporary.
If you want to travel to any other country, you must contact your Administrator and if we agree and you pay us any extra premium we ask for, we will extend your cover so that the following benefits apply.
This insurance is extended to apply to claims occurring:
- in any country which we have agreed to provide cover for; and
- while the vehicle is being transported (including loading and unloading) between ports in countries where you have cover, as long as the vehicle is being transported by rail or by a recognised sea route of not more than 65 hours.
Customs duty and other charges
If your vehicle suffers any loss or damage covered by this insurance, and the vehicle is in any country which we have agreed to provide cover for, we will do the following:
- Refund any customs duty you have to pay after temporarily importing your vehicle into any of the countries where you have cover.
- Refund any general average contributions and salvage charges you incur, whilst your vehicle is being transported by a recognised sea route.
- If your vehicle cannot be driven because of any loss or damage, we will pay the reasonable cost of delivering the vehicle to you at your address after the repairs have been made.
No claim bonus
If you or anyone else does not make a claim under this insurance, we will discount your renewal premium in line with the scale of no claim bonus which applies at the time. Please note there is no guarantee your premium will not increase, If you would like information on the no claim bonus which applies or how your no claim bonus may be affected following a claim, you should contact your Administrator. If more than one vehicle is covered by this insurance, we will assess the no claim bonus for each vehicle.
Protected no claim bonus
If you have protected bonus this will be shown on the schedule however the Insurers retain the right to increase your premium or impose special terms. Your no claim bonus cannot be transferred to another person.
If the only claim you make is for broken glass in your vehicle’s windscreen or windows, including bodywork scratched by the breakage, it will not affect your no claim bonus.
Emergency medical treatment
Any payments we make for emergency medical treatment will not affect your no claim bonus.
Payments for journeys (car sharing)
You can accept payments from passengers in your vehicle if you are giving them a lift for social or other similar purposes. Accepting these payments will not affect your insurance cover if:
- the insured vehicle cannot carry more than 9 people (including the driver);
- you are not carrying the passengers in the course of a business of carrying passengers; and
- the total of the payments you receive for the journey does not provide a profit.
Changing or adding a vehicle to this insurance
If you change the vehicle covered by this insurance, or get an extra vehicle which you want cover to apply to, you must tell us and we must agree before cover can start. (We may ask you to return your certificate of motor insurance.)We will give you advice on any change in premium and we will send you a new schedule confirming our acceptance.
If you do not need any further insurance cover, as long as you return the certificate of motor insurance to us, the cover will automatically end.
These general exceptions apply to the whole insurance.
Your insurance does not cover the following:
1. Any liability, loss or damage arising while any vehicle covered by this insurance is being:
- used for a purpose that is not shown as covered on your Certificate of Motor insurance.
- driven by or is in the charge of anyone who is not mentioned in the certificate of motor insurance as a person entitled to drive or who is excluded by an endorsement;
- driven by anyone (including you) who you know is disqualified from driving, or has never held a licence to drive the vehicle, or is prevented by law from having a licence (unless they do not need a licence by law);
- used in or on restricted areas of airports or airfields. We will not pay for any claim concerning an aircraft within the boundary of the airport or airfield.
- driven by someone who does not meet all the conditions of their driving licence.
- carrying an unsafe load or excess passengers.
2. Any liability, loss or damage that is covered by any other insurance.
3. Any liability, loss or damage that occurs outside the United Kingdom (apart from when travelling in a member country of the European Union, Norway, Switzerland (including Liechtenstein), Andorra, Croatia and Iceland or unless you have paid an extra premium to extend your cover outside the United Kingdom). (see Section 8 - Foreign use.)
4. Any liability you have accepted under an agreement or contract unless you would have had that liability anyway.
5. Any result of war, invasion, act of foreign enemy, hostilities (whether war be declared or not), civil war, rebellion, revolution, or military or usurped power (except where we need to provide cover to meet the minimum insurance required by the relevant law).
6. Direct or indirect loss, damage or liability caused by, contributed to or arising from:
- riot or civil commotion occurring in Northern Ireland or outside the United Kingdom, Isle of Man or the Channel Islands (except where we need to provide cover to meet the minimum insurance required by the relevant law);
- ionising radiation or contamination from any radioactive nuclear fuel, or from any nuclear waste from burning nuclear fuel;
- the radioactive, toxic, explosive or other dangerous property of any explosive nuclear assembly or nuclear part of that assembly;
- carrying any dangerous substances or goods which you need a licence from the relevant authority for (except where we need to provide cover to meet the minimum insurance required by the relevant law); or
- pressure waves caused by aircraft and other flying objects.
7. Any proceedings brought against you, or judgment passed in any court outside the United Kingdom, unless the proceedings or judgment arises out of your vehicle being used in a foreign country as permitted under Section 8.
8. Any liability for death, injury, illness or loss of or damage to property, arising directly or indirectly from pollution or contamination, unless it is directly caused by an event which is sudden, identifiable, unintended and unexpected. The whole event must happen at a specific time and place during the period of the insurance. We will treat all pollution or contamination arising from one incident as having happened at the time of the incident. This insurance does not cover claims arising from pollution or contamination which happen as a result of deliberately releasing substances, or as a result of leaks from your vehicle caused by a failure to properly maintain it. This exception does not apply where we need to provide the minimum level of cover necessary by law.
1. We will only provide the cover described in this insurance if:
- anyone claiming protection has met all the conditions in this document; and
- the information you gave on your proposal form, declaration or statement is, as far as you know, correct and complete.
2. Your premium is based on the information you supplied at the start of the insurance and when it is renewed. If you have failed to give us complete and accurate information, this could lead to your claim being denied or the insurance not being valid.
3. If a claim is made which you or anyone acting on your behalf knows is false, fraudulent or exaggerated, we will not pay the claim and cover under this insurance will end.
4. After any loss, damage or accident you must give us full details of the incident, by telephone, as soon as possible.
You must send every communication about a claim (including any writ or summons) to us without delay and unanswered. You must also tell us if you know about any future prosecution, coroner’s inquest or fatal accident inquiry involving anyone covered by this insurance. You must not admit to, negotiate on or refuse any claim unless you have permission from us.
5. All reasonable steps must be taken to protect your vehicle from loss or damage and to maintain it in an efficient and roadworthy condition. We must be allowed to examine your vehicle at any reasonable time.
6. We can:
- take over, conduct, defend or settle any claim; and
- take proceedings, at our own expense and for our own benefit, to recover any payment we have made under this insurance. We will take this action in your name or in the name of anyone else covered by this insurance. You, or the person whose name we use, must co¬operate with us on any matter which affects this insurance.
7. If we accept your claim, but disagree with the amount due to you, the matter may be passed to an arbitrator who we both agree to. When this happens, the arbitrator must make a decision before you can start proceedings against us.
8. If, under the law of any country which this insurance covers you in, we must settle a claim which we would not otherwise have paid, we may recover this amount from you or from the person who made the claim.
9. If you have agreed to pay your premium by instalments by arrangement with your Administrator, the following will apply:
- If you do not pay an instalment when it is due and you still do not pay when requested again, or if the instalment instruction has been cancelled for any reason, the remaining cover under this insurance will be cancelled by your Administrator by sending you seven days notice, as shown in cancellation condition 1. You must then immediately return your certificate of motor insurance to us.
- If your vehicle is written off before you have paid all your instalments, and we agree to pay your claim, you must still pay the years premium.
- If any extra premium is needed during the period of insurance, it will be spread out over the remaining instalments due for that year. If you have already paid all your instalments, you must immediately pay any extra premium when it is due.
1. We or your Administrator may cancel this insurance by sending seven days notice, in writing, to your last known address (and in the case of Northern Ireland also to the Department of the Environment, Northern Ireland). You must promptly return your certificate of motor insurance. We will refund the part of your premium which applies to the period of the insurance left on your policy.
2. You may cancel this insurance at any time by telling us and sending back your certificate of motor insurance and the schedule. If you have not made a claim in the current period of insurance, we will work out the charge for the time you have been covered by your insurance. We will then refund any amount we owe you. If a claim has been made, you must pay the full premium for the year and we will not make any refund.
Cooling off period
If you cancel within the first 14 days of the policy, or within 14 days of you receiving the insurance documents if this is later, known as the ‘statutory cooling off period’ we will return any premium paid. We will take off a charge and an amount of £15 (plus insurance premium tax) for the number of days for which we have provided cover. We will not refund your premium if you have made a claim for total loss. If you do not exercise your right to cancel your policy in the statutory cooling off period, it will continue in force and you will be required to pay the premium.
You must tell us as soon as possible about any changes which affect your insurance and which have occurred since the insurance started or since the last renewal date. An administration charge will be added to any premium due or deducted from any refund due in respect of any amendment to your policy. These charges will be subject to Insurance Premium Tax where applicable. Details of our charges are shown on the ‘About Our Insurance Services’ document in your policy pack. If you are not sure whether certain facts are relevant, please ask your Administrator. If you don’t tell us about relevant changes, your insurance may not cover you fully, or at all.
Here are some examples of the changes you should tell us about.
- A change to or of the vehicle, including if you sell the car, if you get another car, or if you change it’s registration number.
- All changes you, or anyone else, make to the vehicle if these make the vehicle different from the manufacturer’s standard specification (whether the changes are mechanical or cosmetic e.g optional fitted accessories such as spoilers, skirts, alloy wheels etc).
- A change to your address, or the address where the vehicle is kept overnight.
- A change of job, including any part-time work by you or other drivers, a change in the type of business or having no work.
- A change in the purpose which you use the vehicle for.
- A change to the main user of the vehicle.
- Details if any one who drives the car has had insurance refused, cancelled or had special terms put on.
- Details if there is a change to the vehicles estimated annual mileage.
- Details of any driver who you have not told us about before or is excluded by the certificate of motor insurance or an endorsement but whose driving is now to be covered.
- Details of any motoring convictions of any person allowed to drive or of any future prosecutions for any motoring offence (other than parking). Details of any accident or loss (whether or not you make a claim) involving your vehicle or that occurs while you are driving anyone else’s vehicle.
- Details if anyone develops a health condition which requires notification to the DVLA.
- If you take the car abroad, either for more than 60 days or outside the European Union.
- If anyone who drives the car passes their driving test or has their driving licence revoked.
Important - This appendix forms part of the insurance.
An endorsement only applies if the endorsement’s number is shown in the relevant place in your schedule. Details of all endorsements are either shown in this appendix or are supplied with your schedule. If an endorsement number in the schedule is followed by an amount, the specified endorsement will be limited to the amount shown. If an endorsement number is followed by a vehicle registration number, the specified endorsement will only apply to the vehicle which has that registration number. If an endorsement number is followed by a person’s name, or a type of person, the specified endorsement applies only to that person or type of person.
Endorsement number 01 - Damage, fire and theft excess
We will not pay the first amount shown in the schedule for any claim under Section 2 of this document. This endorsement will not apply to claims made for windscreen damage only, and the amount shown is on top of any other amount which you may have to pay under this insurance.
Endorsement number 02 - Damage, fire and theft excess for specified people
We will not pay the first amount shown in the schedule for any claim under Section 2 of this document for an event which happens while your vehicle is being driven by, or is in the charge of, the people named against this endorsement number. This endorsement will not apply to claims made for windscreen damage only, and the amount shown is on top of any other amount which you may have to pay under this insurance.
Endorsement number 03 - All sections excess
We will not pay the first amount shown in the schedule for any claim under this document. You only pay the amount (called the ‘excess’) shown in this endorsement once for each incident, regardless of the number of claims which arise from that incident. The term ‘claim’ includes any payment for costs, fees and other indirect expenses.
Endorsement number 04 - All sections excess for specified people
We will not pay the first amount shown in the schedule for any claim under this document for an event which happens while your vehicle is being driven by, or is in the charge of, the people named against this endorsement number. You only pay the amount (called the ‘excess’) shown in this endorsement once for each incident, regardless of the number of claims which arise from that incident. The term ‘claim’ includes any payment for costs, fees and other indirect expenses.
Endorsement number 05 - Amendment of cover
Your cover is limited to that shown against this endorsement number for any claim from an event which happens while the people named in the schedule are driving or in charge of your vehicle.
Endorsement number 06 - Assisted purchase
The person or organisation named against this endorsement number has a financial interest in your vehicle under an Assisted Purchase agreement (a loan towards the purchase of your vehicle). As long as that person or organisation has a financial interest in your vehicle, we will pay any amounts which become due under Section 2 (following a ‘write-off’ of your vehicle) to that person or organisation.
Endorsement number 07 - Breakdown cover
If Section 2 (Loss of or damage to your vehicle) of this document applies, this insurance also covers the following benefit. If your vehicle breaks-down anywhere in England, Wales or Scotland, we will cover the cost of hiring a replacement vehicle from the nearest garage to take you, your passengers and personal luggage to your home, your destination or a railway station within 20 miles. Or we will pay the garage charges for towing the vehicle and carrying you and your passengers to your own garage if this is within 10 miles. We will only pay one claim during any one period of insurance and the most we will pay is £25.
Endorsement number 08 - Caravan endorsement
If this endorsement applies, you must keep to the following conditions.
- You must keep an efficient fire extinguisher in your vehicle.
- Hiring out the vehicle to any person is not covered by this insurance.
Endorsement number 09 - Deleted sections
Any section, or part of a section shown by a number or description in the schedule does not apply to this insurance.
Endorsement number 10 - Diabetic or epileptic clause
If the person named against this endorsement number is driving any insured vehicle when it is involved in an accident, and the accident is caused or contributed to by the failure of such person to properly carry out any prescribed treatment or report for a medical examination recommended by his or her doctor, the cover we provide for any claim arising out of the accident is limited to the minimum cover needed to meet the relevant law.
Endorsement number 11 - Drinks and drugs clause
If an accident which happens when the person named against this endorsement number is driving the insured vehicle, results in that person being convicted of an offence involving drink or drugs, or an equivalent offence under the laws of other countries where this insurance provides cover, the cover we provide for that accident is limited to the minimum cover needed to meet the relevant law.
Endorsement number 12 - Driving exclusions
We will not provide any cover while your vehicle is being driven by, or is in the charge of, any person under the age stated against this endorsement number.
Endorsement number 13 - Excluding inexperienced drivers
We will not provide any cover while your vehicle is being driven by, or is in the charge of, any person who has continuously held a full UK or EU driving licence for less than 12 months.
Endorsement number 14 - Excluding commuting to and from work or study
We will not provide any cover while your vehicle is being driven by, or is in the charge of, the person named against this endorsement number if the vehicle is being used to travel to or from their place of business, work or study.
Endorsement number 15 - Limited driving exclusion
We will not provide any cover while your vehicle is being driven by, or is in the charge of, any person under the age shown against this endorsement number (other than a person named against this endorsement).
Endorsement number 17 - Official use
This insurance also covers your vehicle while it is being used to carry passengers for which you receive an allowance from public funds.
Endorsement number 18 - Owner’s endorsement
The person or organisation named against this endorsement number owns the vehicle.
Endorsement number 23 - Suspension of cover other than fire and theft
All cover, except for fire and theft as provided by section 2 of this document is suspended.
Endorsement number 24 - Theft excess
We will not pay the first amount shown in the schedule for any theft claim under Section 2 of this document. The amount shown is on top of any other amount which you may have to pay under this insurance.
Endorsement number 26 - Transfer of interest or change of title
When the new owner of the vehicle has filled in a proposal form, all cover under this insurance is transferred to the person now shown as the insured in the schedule.
Endorsement number 27 - Warranted accompanied
We will not provide any cover while your vehicle is being driven by, or is in the charge of, the person named against this endorsement number (unless the person is accompanied at all times by one of the following).
- A parent of the person (who is also a qualified driver).
- A qualified driving instructor or examiner.
- A qualified driver who is 25 or over and has held a full (not provisional) UK or EU driving licence for at least 3 years and has not been disqualified during that period.
- All drivers must comply with the Driver Vehicle Licensing Authority regulations.
Endorsement number 28 - Warranted accompanied until test passed
Once the person named against this endorsement number has passed the official UK or EU driving test, endorsement number 27 no longer applies.
Endorsement number 29 - Warranted automatic transmission
We will not provide any cover unless your vehicle is fitted with automatic transmission.
Endorsement number 30 - Warranted wing mirrors fitted
We will not provide any cover unless your vehicle is fitted with wing mirrors.
Endorsement number 36 - Damage cover for trailers
Section 2 of this document also applies to loss of or damage to any trailer (details of which have been given to us) while it is being used with your vehicle if:
- you have told us the value of the trailer;
- we are not liable for loss of or damage to any contents in the trailer; and
- the trailer is securely parked with the brakes on when it is not attached to your vehicle.
Endorsement number 37 - No claim bonus removed
The ‘No claim bonus’ section of this document does not apply.
Endorsement number 41 - Fire and theft excess
We will not pay the first amount shown in the schedule for any fire and theft claim made under Section 2 of this document. The amount shown is on top of any other amount which you may have to pay under this insurance.
Endorsement number 42 - ‘In all’ excess
The young or inexperienced drivers excess shown in Section 2 will not apply on top of the excess shown in endorsement number 02 for the person named against this endorsement number.
Endorsement number 44 - Driving other vehicles
The person named against this endorsement number will have the cover provided for driving other vehicles in Section 1.(As long as the other vehicle does not belong to the person named, or to you, and it is not hired to either under a hire purchase or leasing agreement, and that person has the owner’s permission to drive it.)
Endorsement number 99
Wherever this endorsement number is shown in the schedule it will refer to an individual endorsement supplied with your schedule or which has already been issued to you.