Type R reviews verified by reevoo
|Fun to drive|
|Features and specification|
|Value for money|
|Scores 9.2 out of 10 based on 128 reviews|
- Race car looks, devastating performance, superb handling, great driving position, really comfortable and supportive seats, really slick and precise gear shift, well weighted steering and pedals, plush ride in normal mode, razor sharp in +R mode, surprisingly quiet and refined when cruising in traffic, love the space-age dashboard and shift lights, excellent audio, built-in sat-nav, reversing camera/sensors, loads of useful safety features such as blind spot warning lights in the wing mirrors. On top of this it has five doors, a massive boot, and I'm getting a very respectable 35-36 mpg long term average.
- No really bad points, but if I'm being really critical then I'd say the steering doesn't give quite as much feedback as some cars I have driven. It's very precise, but just not quite as much "feel" as some cars. Mine also has an annoying buzz somewhere in the dashboard when feathering the throttle at around 60-65 mph. But overall I would still say the build quality is very very good. Chassis, suspension, and all major components seem really solidly built.
Published on: 21 October 2016
- Every thing,it turns people's heads
Published on: 27 September 2016
- Love the lsd!!
- Hate the stupid sensors that assume im going to rear end every vehicle on the road!
Published on: 26 September 2016
- Good mpg compared to the performance on tap,i like the looks but its a very marmite car in the that department.Many people are discrediting it.Handling is MEGA and i did have previously M3,C63 etc....probably most happy on a track but usable every day.
Its a very tactile car regarding the feedback it gives.Suspension is firm but my C63 was even harder sooo...you know this is NOT bought for comfort and a relaxing cruise...there are plenty othet cars out there to do that but not many to do what the Typr R does so well and that is the Drive and the Smiles
- Build quality could be better generally,speakers are not much to rave about,satnav its a bit of a mixed bag with good functions but wierd judgements sometimes.Engine noise its not a tune that is good to listen to...probably needs a different exhaust.4 seats only,hard to get out of the bucket seats wich other wise are great.
Published on: 11 September 2016
- Great fun to drive, fantastic performance
- Exhaust note is a bit muted
Published on: 29 August 2016
- I love the driving position and how the seats hold you in and it's really comfortable for this spec of car and the overall way the dash is set out is good too and the stereo is really easy to use as well plus there is still room for my family and dog
- If I had to pick a bad point it would only be to have a bigger petrol tank but this didn't put me off buying the car
Published on: 20 August 2016
- The style is just how it should be
- Parcel shelf should be standard
Published on: 15 August 2016
- Great handling
- Not being able to custom set the r button settings, but not a real issue
Published on: 10 August 2016
- A great car for the money
- Reviewer left no comment
Published on: 09 August 2016
- Blasting away from everyone in sight :)
- Exhaust could be a little noisier, sound doesn't reflect performance
Published on: 01 August 2016